Oh lord, so I haven’t been studying at all and the JLPT Exam is THIS SUNDAY. How did I let myself get this far without studying at all?!?!? I am really quite upset and ashamed of myself for not putting forth more effort. I feel as though I could be so much further along with my language proficiency if I only tried! But I suppose that’s true of basically everything, huh.
I looked back at my previous N4 result from last summer and saw that I was only 14 points off from a passing score. I have to believe that my Japanese skills have grown by at least 14 points in a year’s time…. Right?! Of course I’ve improved at least that much…
Well, in case I haven’t, starting today I am going to be studying my ass off like crazy. Here are some of the resources that I am going to force-feed my brain over the next few days:
- NHK Easy News for practice reading large chunks of text in Japan,
- NHK Easy News Translations by the folks of Reddit to know if I’m right or not,
- and my White Rabbit flash cards for learning kanji and vocabulary. Has anyone tried Wanikani? I am interested in it, but I am not sure if it is worth the money.
- I am using JapanesePod101 for listening practice (I used my iPhone podcast app to download episodes for free).
- I am using books too. にほんご５００問 N4-5 is good for answering questions exam-style,
- げんき２ is good for in-depth grammar explanations,
- and lastly a JLPT N4 book with complete mock exams, the title of which I cannot decipher and share with you, unfortunately.
- I also have apps like Memrise, Quizlet, and StudyBlue on my phone, though I have to be honest and say that they don’t really appeal to me for some reason.
Let the cramming commence!!!